We are pleased to offer our fifth N.C. academy in Wilkesboro at the Holiday Inn Express, beginning the evening of Thursday, May 5, 2016 through midday Sunday, May 8, 2016.
While we enjoy performing at venues across the country and in Europe (and more recently Australia), the Academy is the highlight of our musical year.
- Individual instrument classes in guitar, banjo, bass (upright and bass guitar),
- Three full days and four nights of classes, jamming and sharing time with like-minded people.
The Wilkesboro Holiday Inn Express allows participants the opportunity for longer jam sessions and interaction among participants and the Kruger Brothers. Short and simple; it just gives everyone more time.
Attending our 2016 Music Academy offers:
- An opportunity for classical and folk musicians to meet in Wilkesboro, the heart of American Folk Music, and to participate in the merging of the musical world of both genres.
- A unique, one-of-a-kind, musical workshop.
- A discovery of the unity of the musical world through illuminating workshops, group discussions, jam sessions, targeted lectures and concerts.
- An understanding of and appreciation for music on a deeper level.
- A shared insight into the inner workings of the “emotional language” of music.
- An opportunity for participants to perform at the Academy “Night of the Stars” on Saturday evening.
- Three uplifting days filled with music and great food.
- The opportunity to meet old friends and make new ones.
We emphasize that, as always, the Academy is for participants at all musical levels, from beginners to advanced.
Total package – includes three nights at the Holiday Inn Express – $985
Full Academy attendance (no hotel) – $785
Spouse and Observers – access to jam sessions, concerts, and meals but not classes – $485
The Wilkesboro Holiday Inn Express